Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boricua3205
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Mirroring and Eero Wired Connectivity issue

He,  guess nobody else in the community has experienced this issue

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

I havent seen this particular issue (Miracast to Roku causes Win10 PC to lose wireless connection), but difficulties and inconsistencies Miracast'ing to Roku from Win10 are very common.

Have you tested connecting that laptop wired to your gateway and then Miracast'ing to Roku? <-- try this

If you dont lose your wired connection, all the heavy money is on your wireless NIC/driver needing to be replaced/updated.

0 Kudos
boricua3205
Binge Watcher

So tested, same thing happens wired to my gateway.  I realized that I don't actually loose the connection when on WiFi, there is just a pause from the time it switches back over from the Virtual Adapter to the physical adapter.  And I did verify my PC and adapters all support MIracast.

0 Kudos
Crimtide

Did you ever figure this out?  We just switched from Orbi to Eero since our Orbi was dated, about 5 years old, and finally kicked the bucket.  Everything worked fine screen mirroring and casting to our Roku TV and Roku 4k+ streaming stick with the Orbi network... but after replacing it with an Eero network, nothing works at all.  Our devices just get stuck "connecting" after hitting the "allow" or "always allow" prompt on the Roku system.

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

@Crimtide 

Try the suggestions earlier in the thread (second post)

Otherwise:

1)  Make sure SSDP traffic is allowed on the LAN (Eero setting, if exists)

2) Make sure multicast traffic is allowed on the LAN (Eero setting, if exists)

3) Make sure "device/AP isolation" is NOT allowed on the LAN (Eero setting, if exists)

0 Kudos
MARC-FL
Channel Surfer

It's a known issue.  Roku has an unfixed bug that will not allow it to be discovered if the Windows PC is wired / Ethernet. Brand New Roku Ultra. Windows can find Roku if the Roku is wired and Windows is WiFi. But Windows can NOT find Roku if Roku is wired and Windows is wired. Fix the bug!
This Roku thread states that Roku has not fixed the bug:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Roku-Ultra-won-t-connect-via-Wired-...

0 Kudos