Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku LE - Doesn't See our 5G wifi connection, it only connects to our 2G

Jump to solution

Roku LE - Doesn't See our 5G wifi connection. Our New Roku LE, won't connect to 5G wifi, but our OLDER Roku Stick connects No Problem. Is there a fix for this or is The LE model NOT capable of 5G wifi?

I tried all the suggestions about rebooting the Roku and even our router. I also moved the Roku LE, closer to our router and all different locations around the house and it still dosen't recognize our 5G wifi... It ONLY connects to our 2G wifi...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Z06
Roku Guru

Re: Roku LE - Doesn't See our 5G wifi connection, it only connects to our 2G

Jump to solution

That’s cause the Roku LE is a single band unit. The Stick is a dual band unit. The Roku LE is only capable of working on the 2.4 GHz b,g,n WiFi. It’s a budget device that’s why it’s so inexpensive. It’s an inexpensive Roku that has limited features 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Z06
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

That’s cause the Roku LE is a single band unit. The Stick is a dual band unit. The Roku LE is only capable of working on the 2.4 GHz b,g,n WiFi. It’s a budget device that’s why it’s so inexpensive. It’s an inexpensive Roku that has limited features 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I didn't realize it had only single band connectivity when we bought it..  Thank you So Much for helping me solve my problem and Have A Great Week !!!

Z06
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You too

0 Kudos