Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thatman33
Level 8

Roku Keeps Losing Hotel WiFi Connection

I have a Roku Stick+ that I use when I travel. Recently it keeps losing connecting to the hotel WiFi. If I reconnect it I can watch for a bit before it drops again. This has happened at multiple hotels. At first I thought my Roku went bad so I went and got a new one just to find out it also is having the same issue.

Anyone experience this? Any ideas?

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12\
N4Gss
Level 7

Re: Roku Keeps Losing Hotel WiFi Connection

Has recently started doing that to me as well!

0 Kudos
MimiiWong
Level 7

I have the Roku Express and it also constantly loses WiFi connection at Hilton hotels about every 15 minutes. I have to go back to the settings and "Check Connection" then it works again. So frustrating. It used to work just fine. 

Has anyone found a fix?? 

ScottyDo
Level 8

Same thing is happening to me at Hilton hotels. Such a pain!!!

0 Kudos
ScottyDo
Level 8

SOLUTION!!! I’m not sure if you were doing the same, but I was using the TV USB port for power. Once I plugged it into the wall using the provided power supply...it’s worked perfectly!  I’m assuming the TV USB port is not supplying enough power, causing the WiFi connection to constantly drop. 

Hope this helps. 

ScottyDo
Level 8

SOLUTION!!! I’m not sure if you were doing the same, but I was using the TV USB port for power. Once I plugged it into the wall using the provided power supply...it’s worked perfectly!  I’m assuming the TV USB port is not supplying enough power, causing the WiFi connection to constantly drop. 

Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
N4Gss
Level 7

So, I have been told many times that it was the network connection at the hotel and for awhile I refused to believe it. It's true though. I have found that if I pay for the premium connection, it won't happen. Maybe every now and then if the hotel just has a terrible network. Bottom line, it really is the hotels network causing the issue. I'm now Hilton Diamond so I don't have to worry about paying for the connection anymore. 

0 Kudos
ToneyT
Level 7

I am a diamond member and it still does this to me 

N4Gss
Level 7

I am a Diamond member as well. I stay at many different hotels across the Midwest and east coast and I'd say that 95% of the hotels I stay at have the network speed needed. Every now and then I stay at one that I have this issue even with the premium internet. If you're staying at 1 hotel or one area in particular, it could be that the area or hotel does not have sufficient speeds. I cannot confirm this, only going from my own experiences. 

0 Kudos
Seessels
Level 7

Same here. Diamond member but still lose connection every 10 minutes or so but works perfect at home. I plugged into wall so I know the power is good. Help!

0 Kudos