Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tab1970
Reel Rookie

Roku IP address un-accessable

My Roku express seems to be locked as IP address access from chrome is not accesable, device is not responding, any clues?  Is it locked from ROKU ?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku IP address un-accessable

@tab1970 

What is it you're trying to do? I'm trying to think of a scenario where you would even attempt to enter an IP address from a browser. Normally to "cast" from Chrome, you would use the Cast button.

Now, if you're entering the device IP address in the address bar of a browser, then what is it you're actually trying to accomplish? Perhaps someone can assist if they knew what you were actually trying to do.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@tab1970-

Networked devices have no innate IP numbers.  IPs are assigned by the routers to which the devices are connected at the time each network connection is established.  Unless your Roku is currently connected to your home network, it doesn't have an IP address at all.  

I suspect you're attempting to view your Roku content via the Chrome browser on your computer or mobile device.  Even if the Roku is connected to your network and has an IP number, it has no provisions for outputting other than its direct connections to a TV display.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
tab1970
Reel Rookie

accessing roku from IP address used for adding application via programming mode. This is no longer available on my device for some reason.

0 Kudos
tab1970
Reel Rookie

No its not the case, i am accessing through IP address assigned from router to access programming mode and install an app.  This was available and working a few months back.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@tab1970 

If you're a developer, try the developer forum.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
renojim

And if you're not a developer, but are trying to sideload something you downloaded, then you've probably been permanently locked out of developer mode for attempting to violate Roku's terms of service.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.