Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nakeeia
Level 7

Re: Roku Express wont connect to internet

Jump to solution

@Acidexrain how do I edit my WiFi settings, where do I go to that will allow me to edit my settings?? I’m not getting of with the technical stuff but if some tells me I’m sure I can figure it out. I appreciate your help so much. I don’t understand why they don’t allow us to speak to someone. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Humpal1959, Xfinity has an app you can use or there should be login information for the router on a sticker on the router.  Make sure 2.4GHz Wi-Fi is enabled and the wireless mode is set to b/g/n.

@Nakeeia, do you have Comcast/Xfinity or Cox as your ISP?  If not, this may not be your issue, but all routers supplied by an ISP should have a sticker on the router with information on how to log into the router.  You make the changes on the router.  Some ISPs, like Xfinity, have an app that allows you to make the changes.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Humpal1959
Level 7

Jump to solution

I was not able to make any modem settings myself, I lwt her know abt the b/g/n setting, she didn't say much but she stated she did basic t/s for no internet and low and behold it connected. Strange as the rep the previous nite reset modem and everything and still wld not connect. So who knows if the rep today did what u all said to do and it fixed it. Regardless I am thrilled. Thank u all and good luck if u have the same issues. 

0 Kudos