Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nakeeia

Re: Roku Express wont connect to internet

Jump to solution

@Acidexrain how do I edit my WiFi settings, where do I go to that will allow me to edit my settings?? I’m not getting of with the technical stuff but if some tells me I’m sure I can figure it out. I appreciate your help so much. I don’t understand why they don’t allow us to speak to someone. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Humpal1959, Xfinity has an app you can use or there should be login information for the router on a sticker on the router.  Make sure 2.4GHz Wi-Fi is enabled and the wireless mode is set to b/g/n.

@Nakeeia, do you have Comcast/Xfinity or Cox as your ISP?  If not, this may not be your issue, but all routers supplied by an ISP should have a sticker on the router with information on how to log into the router.  You make the changes on the router.  Some ISPs, like Xfinity, have an app that allows you to make the changes.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Humpal1959
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was not able to make any modem settings myself, I lwt her know abt the b/g/n setting, she didn't say much but she stated she did basic t/s for no internet and low and behold it connected. Strange as the rep the previous nite reset modem and everything and still wld not connect. So who knows if the rep today did what u all said to do and it fixed it. Regardless I am thrilled. Thank u all and good luck if u have the same issues. 

0 Kudos
Eaglewolf

Jump to solution

My roku express and express + wont conect.   1 has fair signal strength the other has excellent in same location.   I have even disabled 5g on router disabled pings am so frustrated.    Cant change router to bgn as locked on gn by internet company.   Had it working again for a bit now wont connect again.   So f...ing tired of roku problems any help appreciated 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Eaglewolf

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you tell us who is your internet service provider? If it is Comcast or ATT, we would recommend contacting them to help you change your router settings for the 2.4 GHz band from g/n to b/g/n, customers have stated that this helped resolve their issue.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@BlacSABBATH  nobody knows what you’re talking about with all these caps.  Posting in caps is like as if you’re shouting.  I’m beginning to think your keyboard has a broken caps lock button or something. 
And no, Roku is not lazy.  They were the first company to manufacture major streaming players and are considered America’s #1 TV Streaming Platform.  All the streaming players manufactured by other companies are simply knock-offs.  Generic Android boxes are the worst in general

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
BlacSABBATH
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

then why not come up with software updates your phone company  it wont connect to my wifi it wont even show the wi fi networks  that you scan they may been the first in the game but the wordy when it comes to having these type  problems

0 Kudos
BlacSABBATH
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

yes i got the same one plus it gets to hot and have the same type  problems  wont scan for a  network or if it finally does it wont stay connected  we needs update to their software i think it has to do with them not being upgrade to 5g  sounds like the wifi or internet its not compatible with the roku stiks 

0 Kudos
BlacSABBATH
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

it dont work on 5 well these people needs a update up to 5 then what they working on 

0 Kudos
BlacSABBATH
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

mines is with charter/spectrum 

0 Kudos