Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Acidexrain
Reel Rookie

Roku Express wont connect to internet

Jump to solution

My Roku Express device wont connect to the internet. All other devices are connecting perfectly. I use Xfinity and tried calling them. Spent 3 hours with them restarting my roku and modem idk how many times, they tried to "run diagnotics" and nothing worked. They told me the issue is with my roku and to contact them. Apparently I cant email roku in regards to my internet connection issue so I'm forced to post and ask for help here. I factor rest my roku, didn't help. My roku was working perfectly 2 days ago and then Xfinitys internet went out. Now it's back up and everything is working but my roku. Idk what else to do. Is there anyone out there who can help? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Acidexrain
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express wont connect to internet

Jump to solution

Okay guys after shuffling through the forum for literally an hour I got my roku to connect with these wifi settings: 

Customized the 2.4 GHz WiFi to:

WiFi Mode - 802.11 b,g,n
Channel Select - 11
Channel Width - 20 MHz

If you guys know how to edit your wifi settings look there. Idk if it'll help no none Express devices or for people using anything other then Xfinity but this helped me. Good luck everyone, it sucks we can't get easily accessible help from actual professionals. This literally took me over 4 hours to solve.

EDIT I changed to channel setting to 1 because at 11 the internet was so slow nothing worked even though it was technically connected. =/

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
tpeetree
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am also having the same issue. Wifi is working on all other devices, and was connected earlier today. But suddenly won't connect. Would love some help if anyone can.

0 Kudos
Georgia38
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. It’s sounds like it could be an Xfinity problem but I don’t have any clue on how to fix it. I have 2 roku and neither are working. 

0 Kudos
tpeetree
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have Cox, so I don't think it is an xfinity problem. Odd that it is acting up for multiple people suddenly. Must be an issue with roku. I tried some of the trouble shooting steps I google, but none of them have worked so far. 

0 Kudos
Georgia38
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Does anyone know if there is a way to actually talk with someone with roku?  It’s super frustrating to not be able to get device support. 

Acidexrain
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Okay guys after shuffling through the forum for literally an hour I got my roku to connect with these wifi settings: 

Customized the 2.4 GHz WiFi to:

WiFi Mode - 802.11 b,g,n
Channel Select - 11
Channel Width - 20 MHz

If you guys know how to edit your wifi settings look there. Idk if it'll help no none Express devices or for people using anything other then Xfinity but this helped me. Good luck everyone, it sucks we can't get easily accessible help from actual professionals. This literally took me over 4 hours to solve.

EDIT I changed to channel setting to 1 because at 11 the internet was so slow nothing worked even though it was technically connected. =/

0 Kudos
FERboy

Jump to solution

Same problem here in NYC with Spectrum as our IP. I’m out of ideas after disconnecting and restarting and trying every other possibility. 
maybe the firmware in the device has been corrupted?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@FERboy-

Might your router be one supplied by your internet provider? If so, your problem may have been caused by a recent update to your router.  This has been reported lately with equipment from Xfinity and Cox, but there may be others.      

Affected users report the router configuration needs to be switched from g/n security back to b/g/n.  If you don't have access to your router's control panel you may have to have your internet provider do it for you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
tpeetree
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you all for the help and advice. I ended up unplugging my internet router and then plugging it back in. And now it's working. 

Good luck to everyone else still having issues. 

0 Kudos
Humpal1959
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am going to try and call xfinity tommorrow and see if they can change that. Mine was working fine and then suddenly stopped. Xfinity said they did some maintenance today and the kaput! Maybe changed to 2.4 to 5 on me and I heard exspress does not work on that? 

0 Kudos