Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku Express wont connect to WIFI error 14.50

I just got this Roku Express for my grandma and tried setting it up. It finds all networks around me and finds my WiFi network (with a full strength connection) but after i select it and enter the password it says "cannot connect" and gives me the error code: 14.50. 

After doing all the troubleshooting (restarted router, restarted roku, made sure password was correct) I looked online and many people said to contact your internet provider cuz there may be something wrong with the router. Well, i contacted CenturyLink and they said everything was fine on their end and to contact the Roku directly, but Roku support isnt taking calls right now! 

I've tried everything and I'm at my limit now! I looked on here and none of these topics have helped! I've restarted both the Roku and router and i made sure my password was correct and I'm still unable to connect! I've got many other devices that connect just fine no problem, just the Roku has an issue. 

Someone please help!

3 Replies
Level 21

Re: Roku Express wont connect to WIFI error 14.50

If you can use your phone as a hotspot, try connecting to that just to get through the initial setup and then you can change back to your Wi-Fi.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Thanks that worked! Once i got the initial set up done i turned off mobile hot spot on my phone and connected the Roku to my WiFi connection and it works just fine now! Thank you so much! You have no idea how frustrated i was over all this!

0 Kudos
Level 7

I got this for Christmas last year, still stuck in pick language screen won't accept router or WIFI, left numerous emails and phone calls to Roku Customer Service no one will return my calls since Xmas,  I don't own a  satellite dish. I stream on line with my lap top no problems there but Roku won't stream on any of my laptops at home. Can some please help me!!! I'm ready give up and write a bad review on Google for the company's lack of response or care in this matter.

0 Kudos