Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maniakmx3
Level 7

Roku Express won't stay connected

Alright, so something funky is going on here with my Roku Express. I have 4 Sharp Roku TV's and 2 Android TV's and various many other devices on my wifi network that all work and stay connected fine.

I have a small 26" Vizio TV in my toddlers room that we pretty much just use to play fish tank videos with soothing music to have a night light with fish and relaxing music for him to go to sleep to. I picked up a Roku Express because the old Roku stick we were using was getting long in the tooth. For some reason, after it updates, the device struggles to connect or stay connected to wifi. I'm using the power cable and HDMI cable that came with it. Sometimes if I unplug it for about a minute and then plug it back in, it stays connected all night. Then the next night it won't connect or stay connected very long. I returned the first one because I figured it was defective and got another one and it's doing the same thing. Is this a common issue for this device? 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express won't stay connected

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know about the issue that you are experiencing.

I'll help take a close look to see what we can recommend. Feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your device from Settings>System>About. I'll follow up directly to assist you more from there!

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos