Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Express won't sign into wireless network

Has anyone had problems with Roku Express having to restart?  After a power outage, I reboot the device but it won't let me sign in to my wireless network.  I have to set up my profile (and resign in to most apps by getting a code sent to another device) every time.  I have another room with Roku 3 that does not have this problem after a power or Internet outage--should I replace the Roku Express?  

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express vs. Roku 3

@mcburton84 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Issue: each time there is a power or Internet service outage I have to re-enter a new wireless account (reentering my password) and sign in to my Roku account and resign in to my apps like Amazon Prime and Netflix, not to mention reset my user settings like screensaver.  My Roku 3 box does not have this problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R 

[personal information removed]

I have 2 rokus that will not connect to the internet. 1 (roku ultra) was previously connecting and working with no issues and the other (roku premiere) is brand new. I have tried all of the trouble shooting tips like restarting device and router. I can't even get to the settings to see the serial number because it will not connect past the set up screen. Please advise how to get these 2 devices working. Its been over a month of trouble shooting trying to solve this issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Roku Express won't sign into wireless network

I, too, am having issues with my Roku Ultra not connecting to my wireless network after it restarted today. I've rebooted, unplugged, etc, several times to no avail. I now have my Roku Express from another advice moved into the place of my Roku Ultra and it works fine. How can I get my (relatively new) Ultra to work again?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@mcburton84 

Thanks for the clarification.

It's possible that your power outage may have affected the device internally.

I have responded to your PM that you have sent me and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Rmliffrig @clarabelleVonHo 

Thanks for the posts.

I would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device

If you are still experiencing the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Danny,

I am having a similar issue with my Roku Express (I just moved, and the Roku is not picking up my network, though it is picking up neighbors' networks. I've already gone through all the motions with the Internet provider and it's not on their end. I've tried typing in manually and it's still not connecting). Can you help me as well?

0 Kudos