Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: No network found on one Roku, other 3 working fine

Issue resolved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Express won't connect to network after downloading software update

just tried it and it works Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

@RokuTannerD  I had the same issue and haven’t been able to get my Brand new express +to work for months. What do I do? I’ve tried different networks and devices and nothing helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Is there a way to do that with only a mobile hotspot? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My Roku express keep disconnecting to WiFi. It says “Your Roku player is currently not connected to the internet.” Even tho my phone, laptop and ipad all are connected to the WiFi. Roku Express shows try scanning again and it doesn’t show any other wifi

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@markbond I can vouch for this being the case, fwiw.  This is also an issue on 5Ghz networks.

For example, my 5GHZ wifi network offers 20/40/80 MHz streams.  When the rokus were on the earlier version, they slid right onto an 80Mhz stream and was able to use full 5Ghz bandwith offerings.

Since 9.3, even though it connects to the 5Ghz network, it is only able to make use of a single 20Mhz stream.  If I was running an AP that only offered 40/80Mhz streams on the 5Ghz connection, my stick and TV would not connect at all.

I see this as being at the heart of the problem for those with the same issue, and why limiting the wireless networks to 20Mhz streams seems to be a workaround.

Highlighted
Level 7

Worked for me, I tried a ton of stuff but this is the only thing to do anything. Still very odd, it was running on my 5g 80mhz signal before the trouble started and it still refuses to see that signal even though everything else in the house is still on that one.

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku Express won't connect to network after downloading software update *RESOLUTION*

umm.... i wish i seen this 15 mins ago. smh. I'm having the same problem. someone suggested network reset. I reset it, but it's still not connecting. so now I can't even try this. I give up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for the suggestion.

The change that worked for me was changing WiFi  mode from Mixed to 802.11n only, 802.11g did not work for me.