Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Express won't connect to network after downloading software update

Same issue here with a brand new 3930R. It connect fine, updated it's firmware, restarted then failed to connect with a 14.40 error. I attempted the sequence of steps that Roku recommended with no success. I did a hard reset with the reset button on the back of the device, it then reconnected fine then hangs on the this screen saying checking.

I am running a Linksys WRT3200 ACM with the latest firmware in the standard configuration.

I also tried connecting to by iPhone hotspot with the same results.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@markbond 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that error code is usually caused by an incorrect password for your network. Check that you have selected the correct network and have entered your password correctly. We would also recommend changing your password to your wireless network to not include any special characters if it currently has any.

Try taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting that network error code: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

No network found on one Roku, other 3 working fine

I have 4 Roku Express (3900 series)  #devices in my house. One of them disconnected from my WiFi network and no networks are showing up when I search for networks (there are at least 4 other networks available on all of my other Roku devices and on phones, tablets, computers, etc).

i’ve tried manually entering it as a private network and when it checks connection gives me a red x on wireless connection and never checks the other connection.  I moved one of the devices that does connect to the room affected and that device works without issues so it isn’t an issue with low signal in that room.  But now I’m down a Roku and stuck in quarantine with 4 people, all of whom watch different things. Please help. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: No network found on one Roku, other 3 working fine

Same problem!! Just started today & my other devices are online. Ugh. I hope we can find an answer. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Danny, I found a solution to this issue in another area of this community. You may want to take note of the resolution. 

This issue affects your devices after they update their firmware to the latest current version. Your devices lose the ability to reconnect to the wireless access point after they reboot following the update. It affects users that use certain Linksys devices, in my case, their WRT3200ACM.

The fix is: Go into the routers WFi settings for the 2.4GHz band and change the WiFi  mode from Mixed to 802.11g only and change the Channel Width from Auto to 20MHz only.

You may wish to advise your firmware developers that their latest change to your wireless driver broke the compatibility with the Linksys devices. It has absolutely nothing do with password errors.

Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the same issue. Roku has been working fine up til about 3 days ago. My Roku in my living room works fine. Some other WiFi name that I don’t recognize pops up. I tried to manually type in my WiFi name and password but I get the red X. Hope someone can tell us what the issue is and how to resolve it!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same situation for me.  my current Roku stick works fine.  I bought 2 new ones and they do not find my network.  I use the same network for my laptop, desktop and ipads.  Same 3900 series.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@NerdGirlRunning @Cjones529 @Mieoklee @dpscott 

Thanks for the information.

Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

If you are still unable resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 7

I tried to send you a PM today but you’re offline. What are the hours

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

ROKU Express was disconnected from Spectrum 2G wifi while watching a  program and would not accept wifi password to re-connect. 

Tried reboot of modem followed by a reboot of the ROKU which did not work. 

Three different desktops, a laptop, and three different phones all connected to the modem. Only the ROKU would not connect.

Reset modem to factory settings, had Spectrum reset password, then powered down modem.

Reset the ROKU to factory settings, connected using a battery operated portable Sprint Coolpad, re-entered & organized the channels, then shutdown the coolpad and stepped away. 

Returned to watch a program and ROKU would not detect the Coolpad in addition to not connecting to the Spectrum modem. Took 4 scans before the Coolpad was detected and the password worked. The three different desktops, laptop, and three different phones all connected to the Spectrum modem with the new password. Only the RUKU would not.

Tried the "RESOLUTION" post tonight, HOME> Setttings> System>Advanced System Settings>Device Connect> selecting DISABLE DEVICE CONNECT.

Restarted ROKU but it would not connect.

Tried again and allowed ROKU to rest 10 minutes before making another attempt, Still would not connect

I'm sure my ROKU is out of warranty. However, it worked just fine on my Spectrum modem until the update. 

Not sure why an update was needed and pushed, can only speculate.

0 Kudos