Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku Express won't connect to network after downloading software update

@tarar Thanks for reaching out! Let's see what we can do to help get you up and running. A few more questions here:

- What is the specific make and model of the wireless router you're using when you encounter this issue during setup? 

- Have you tried changing the 2.4GHz wireless broadcast channel on your router to see if this helps you get connected? 

- Have you tried connecting the device to another network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if this is successful?

- Did you try rebooting your wireless router to see if this made any difference? 

Thanks in advance! 

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Just purchased a Roku Express and have the same exact issue others have described. The device connected to WiFi, downloaded an updated and now it won't connect again. Is there a solution for those who haven't gotten past the initial setup?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@JS5 

Thanks for reaching out! A few more questions here to help better understand your setup:

- What is the specific make and model of the wireless router you're using when you encounter this issue during setup? 

- Have you tried changing the 2.4GHz wireless broadcast channel on your router to see if this helps you get connected? 

- Have you tried connecting the device to another network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if this is successful?

- Did you try rebooting your wireless router to see if this made any difference? 

Thanks in advance! 

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Tanner- It is a Roku Express with SKU# 3930R. I have not tried changing the router channel nor have I tried a different network. I am not willing to do either of those actions. I did reset the router and the roku. Neither action helped.

As others have stated, the router connected and downloaded an update. Upon reboot, it can see my network ID, but will not connect. I receive error code 014.40. This seems like a Roku software issue rather than an issue with the WiFi network. I have two older Roku boxes that connect without issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Thanks for the details. 

What specific brand and model of wireless router are you using? We can help get this over to the team to take a closer look. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Express Updating and Restarting

My new roku express + keeps updating and restarting. It won’t stay connected to my WiFi and I’m so frustrated. Please help. [personal information removed]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express Updating and Restarting

@Jd0110 

Thanks for the note.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device. I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network or mobile hotspot to see if you can get your device set up.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Express won't connect to network after downloading software update *RESOLUTION*

Your solution worked.  I couldn't get connected to my home network.  I opened my hotspot on my mobile phone.  Then loaded all the updates and channels then went through your procedure of Disable Device Connect, transfered to my home network THEN closed the hotspot.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Roku Express won't connect to network after downloading software update *RESOLUTION*

Would be nice if ROKU acknowledged this problem after it causing issues for months.

At least a few people have been helped by my solution.

Glad to hear it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Unfortunately, this did not help me. I'm still stuck in Not connected world. I've unplugged, reset and no I am not able to connect to a different network. I'm at a loss.

0 Kudos