Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgentile2121
Level 8

Roku Express + will not connect to wireless network when using AC1900 nigthhawk extender

I have installed a wifi extender from netgear.  An AC1900 I have completed the setup and the TV and Computers and Phones all will connect to the extender but the Rokus I have will not.  It finds the wifi network and allows me to enter the password but during the wireless connection phase it fails.  I have spoken to NetGear they claim it is a Roku problem.  Please help.  I am wiling to return these extender and purchase different ones if I know they new extenders will work with my Roku Express + devices.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express + will not connect to wireless network when using AC1900 nigthhawk extender

I use a Netgear extender and my Rokus can connect to it without problems.  I have the extender configured to use a different web name (SSID) rather than duplicating that of the main router ("-ext" added to SSID), if that makes any difference.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
rgentile2121
Level 8

Re: Roku Express + will not connect to wireless network when using AC1900 nigthhawk extender

Sorry for the late reply.  The problem was with the WiFi router.  It is not combatable with the extenders.  I switched my entire network to eero system from Amazon.  It work great no dead areas, not dropping of signal and no lagging.