Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmcinto
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express will not connect to internet with T-mobile hotspot

Jump to solution

Same issues here, connects to device but not internet. Using T-Mobile Franklin T-9 hotspot. Works on all other devices, including Fire Stick, so it’s a Roku issue. Using Roku Streambar.

Any solutions/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Radioguy76

Jump to solution

Thanks so much for posting this. I was unable to get my Roku TV to connect to a Franklin T10 Tmobile hotspot and doing what you suggested worked instantly. I too hope it proves to be a long term solution.

Thanks again!!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@rmcinto

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps that other users in this thread have stated help resolved their issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rmcinto
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Not yet. Not sure which one actually works and need better instructions from Roku in my opinion. Why does this issue even happen? Can’t Roku fix it from there end?

Thank you,

Rick M

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@rmcinto, if your Roku can't connect to your router there's nothing they can do from their end.  Roku can only update your device's software if it's connected to the Internet, so even if there is a bug/issue with the software currently installed on your device there's no way Roku can do anything to fix it until you find a way to get it connected to the Internet.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Chicken
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I was experiencing this same issue with multiple wifi devices, wifi thermostat, a router, a few rokus, wifi outlets.

Changing the APN as suggested resolved the issue, thanks to the contributors in this community!

My hat is off to you guys, thanks VERY much! 😉

0 Kudos
Nitajobb

Jump to solution

I did it! I did it! Thank you so much!!  I was about to start pitching everything straight out the window! Now I can watch my lovely TV instead of squinting at my small laptop screen. Bless your heart!

Jump to solution

How does one access the settings in the T-Mobile router to create this new APN?

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Frustrated1215 

Instructions for changing APN can be found here. (https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/t-mobile-hotspot)

Look specifically under "Connections and Network", then expand "Network and APN".

Login to the WebGui and either follow these instructions or those posted by @cdmilton88 in this thread  for an example APN.  Basically you need to verify IPv4 is selected after creating a new APN name.

Create a new APN (Access Point Name)
Your mobile hotspot comes pre-configured with the access point name (APN) for your network service provider. The mobile hotspot checks the APN to determine the type of network connection to establish.

Access the hotspot WebUI Manager.
Click Settings > Network Settings.
Click the Add button under the APN list. A pop-up box will appear to create new APN.
Enter the Profile Name of APN.
Enter the APN.
Enter the Username and Password.
Select Authentication Mode: PAP or CHAP.
Select IPType: IPv4 or IPv4v6.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos

T-mobile hotspot WebUI manager

Jump to solution

How does one access the T-Mobile hotspot WebUI manager that gets you to the settings so you can add a new APN?

0 Kudos