Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Won’t Connect: Express 3900X - SW 9.2.0

@ctgriffi 

Put a short HDMI cable between it and the TV and

move it around a bit. You probably have some sort of interference

or bad connection. Use a 2.4 ghz channel if you can.

That kind of problem would drive me nuts.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku not connecting with confirmed strong signal.

@Kfaust @ctgriffi 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

-Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos