Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blkfire
Level 7

Roku Express+ sees WiFi networks, loses connection to it

My Roku Express+ has a not-so-interesting problem.  I connected it to my WiFi network, everything was great, no problem.  Until there was a problem.

Some time later it said it was disconnected.  I looked an saw it could see my WiFi signal, but couldn’t connect.  I restarted the system and still no connection.  I used the Roku customer support which suggested a factory reset.  I tried it, went through all the steps and once again it worked.  Until it stopped working, again.

This time I came to the community to try to find an answer.  I found out about the secret menu (5 home presses, forward, pause, reverse, pause, forward).  I used this to see my Wireless Secret Screen - Strength:0; Antenna 1:0; Antenna 2:0; Glitch:0.  0’s across the board.  I factory reset again to see what would happen.  It worked, tried the secret menu, had numbers in strength, antennas 1 and 2, and glitch.  Then acouple days later, I didn’t, yet again.

This problem got old quick.  I’ve tried two different Roku’s and found both + models have the same prob.  My regular Roku Express and brand new Westinghouse 4K Roku TV do NOT have this issue.  If anyone is having similar problems or has a solution, I would love to hear from you, because right now it’s looking like I need to find a Roku unit either an Ethernet port, and I really don’t want to at this point.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
FlMac
Level 7

Re: Roku Express+ sees WiFi networks, loses connection to it

My Express+ 3931x is doing the same thing.  It was fine the first 2 or 3 months.  Then it needed a router reset a few times a month.  Now it needs multiple resets weekly.  I show signal strength of 4 of 5 bars.  No other devices are having issues...just this POC.    It is less than 8 months old.

0 Kudos
FlMac
Level 7

Update...I just hooked the Roku to another TV in the same location.  Same results - it won’t connect to WiFi.  Took the TV & Roku to the location where the modem & router are.  No connection.  I believe I have a bad Roku.  How long are they warranted?  How do I get the unit replaced?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos