Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toneybrown07
Level 7

Roku Express poor signal strength

Started having issues with my Roku Express 3910x.  Haven't had problems with it until the last couple of weeks.  Get buffering and poor video quality.  Checking the wireless connection it says I have a poor signal strength.  I've used 3 routers, the lastest being and Archer 7 router that is maybe 20 feet away from the Roku.  Still poor signal strength.  If I set up a range extender right next to the Roku I can get 3 bars of strength.  Only thing I haven't tried is a factory reset.  I may just have to do it to see if it works.  This device is not very old........

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
Toneybrown07
Level 7

Re: Roku Express poor signal strength

Still looking for a fix for this Roku device.  Now even the wireless extender within 3 feet of the device is having connection issues.  Buffering and pixelated video.  Is there some sort of warranty for these devices or should I just buy another Amazon Firestick and toss this in the trash?

0 Kudos
Dougb85
Level 7

I'm having similar issues.   Bought a new extended range router for $250.00 and installed an extender about 20 feet away and I still get a poor signal strength and lose connectivity frequently.   All of my other devices have 4 bars from the same distance to the wifi equipment.  I even switched out my express to a different one (same model), same problem.   I'm thinking the express has reception issues. I want to buy an upgraded model to see if it makes a difference,  but they have been sold out locally.  I'll keep you posted. 

0 Kudos
Toneybrown07
Level 7

I cut my loses and bought a Firestick 4k.  Best $30 I ever spent.  Better remote and no connection issues.

0 Kudos
IndySteve2020
Level 7

Started having the problem this week.  All of a sudden it won't seen any wifi networks even though there are several showing on all other devices.  I even brought it out and connected it to the TV in the living room, which is close to the modem.  The wireless network shows, but only shows a dot for the signal strength.  Won't even show the first bar.

0 Kudos
z06monkey
Level 7

I have just started having the same problem with one of my Roku Premiere (3920EU) devices.  Perfect yesterday (and for the previous year), and this morning all reception is "poor" or not at all.  My other Roku Premiere in a different room is receiving a strong signal as normal. 

I'm guessing the internal wifi chip has gone bye-bye and that there isn't going to be an easy fix?

0 Kudos