Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
B-Dog
Level 7

Roku Express player wifi issues

Hi

i strated setting up my player and on the first startup it picked up my wifi and connected.

then downloaded an update, installed it and rebooted,

after reboot it went back to the start page and to restart the whole setup process.

after that it will not list my wifi in its list of available networks.

it picks up all the neighboring wifi's but not mine

i reset the device to factory and started again not luck

i rebooted my wifi with no luck

setup hotspot on my phone and it connects. finished the setup

search for my wifi but it does not list it in the available wifi list

all of my other devices dont have an issue with my wifi

Labels (2)
3 Replies
OliverS
Level 7

Re: Roku Express player wifi issues

@B-Dog wrote:

Hi

i strated setting up my player and on the first startup it picked up my wifi and connected.

then downloaded an update, installed it and rebooted,

after reboot it went back to the start page and to restart the whole setup process.

after that it will not list my wifi in its list of available networks.

it picks up all the neighboring wifi's but not mine

i reset the device to factory and started again not luck

i rebooted my wifi with no luck

setup hotspot on my phone and it connects. finished the setup

search for my wifi but it does not list it in the available wifi list

all of my other devices dont have an issue with my wifi

I also have been facing this issue often now.

Help is appreciated

Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Oliver

[post edited per Community Guidelines]

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

The Express only supports the 2.4 GHz band, so it won't see any 5 GHz access points. Since there appears to be a number of nearby access points, it's possible that they are interfering with yours. I'd first suggest trying a different channel in your wireless router. It's probably set to Auto, so you would have to manually choose a different channel. Also, make sure your SSID is being broadcast. That's another setting that can be toggled in the router. 

Since it worked on initial setup, it's possible that none of this is applicable. But it's worth a shot. I will add that I bought an Insignia Roku TV a few years ago, and after the initial setup and update it got stuck in a reboot loop and I replaced it as defective. Yours too might just be a defective player, and in that case you should be able to exchange it. After I exchanged my Insignia TV, the replacement worked without a problem. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
B-Dog
Level 7

yes

its a faulty device, returning it