Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JLMotes
Level 7

Roku Express only device that will not connect to wireless internet

My Roku Express is the only device in the home that will not connect to my wireless internet. I have went through all of the trouble shooting steps and no luck??? Please help!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AvsGunnar
Level 10

Re: Roku Express only device that will not connect to wireless internet

What have you done so far as troubleshooting so we can eliminate that as an issue?

0 Kudos
Ang0912
Level 7

Had to reset router yesterday. After that my roku device is the only one that will not connect to internet. Can’t  even find my network on it. Worked fine the night before. Everything else in the house is working fine on the internet. Help please. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Check which channel number the router has assigned to the 2.4 GHz radio. For your Roku to see it, the channel has to be between 1 and 11. If the router self-assigned channel 12, 13, or 14, your Roku won't see it. Change your router to use either channel 1, 6, or 11, as those are the only three that don't overlap with another channel.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos