Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express suddenly will not connect to the internet

Jump to solution

@Tamra1969 

If you are using a Comcast/Xfinity supplied wireless router, the problem could lie there. Recently, some ISPs, including Xfinity, have changed the settings for their 2.4 GHz band devices from b/g/n to g/n. If that is what happened, the Roku Express won't connect.

If you can change the settings back to b/g/n, that should resolve the issue.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Tamra1969

Jump to solution

Would that be something an Xfinity agent can do over the phone? I would not know the first step in making that change. Plus my internet router is downstairs and I don't think I can go down steps in my condition.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Tamra1969 

They should be able to. However, if you know the password to the admin center (the default ID is "admin" and the password was "password" unless they've changed their process, or if yours was changed by someone) you can change it from your browser. http://10.0.0.1 is the common address for one of those devices.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Dee099
Reel Rookie

Both my Rokus stop connecting to my network

Jump to solution

My rokus suddenly will not connect to my network. This started 1 week ago.  Everything else connects fine. How can this be fixed?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Re: Both my Rokus stop connecting to my network

Jump to solution

@Dee099 

Did you already check to see if your ISP changed your 2.4 GHz settings from b/g/n to g/n? If they did, change them back.

I don't know why some ISPs have started doing this, but I wish they would stop.

DBDukes

Notintothis
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How can I find the g/n versus b/g/n setting in order to change it? I’ve tried everything else I could from the suggested solutions on this page, and nothing has worked.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Notintothis, it's part of the router configuration.  If you don't have a router supplied by Comcast/Xfinity or Cox then it may not be your issue.  If you do, Xfinity has an app you can use to configure the setting.  For any router supplied by an ISP the information to log into the router should be on a sticker somewhere on the router.  It will give an IP address you enter into your browser (like 192.168.0.1, or 192.168.1.254, etc) and a username and password.  Once you get in I can't say exactly where to look other than it's in Wi-Fi settings and should be called something like "Wireless mode".  Your ISP may be able to make the change for you.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
gktchuchie

Jump to solution

@DBDukes wrote:

@Tamra1969 

If you are using a Comcast/Xfinity supplied wireless router, the problem could lie there. Recently, some ISPs, including Xfinity, have changed the settings for their 2.4 GHz band devices from b/g/n to g/n. If that is what happened, the Roku Express won't connect.

If you can change the settings back to b/g/n, that should resolve the issue.

Thank you so much!! This fixed my problem.  Your suggestions were clear and easy to follow ! I was able to finally fix this

Momo246
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue. 3 years of great connection and now nothing. I Reset everything and everything except this Roku premiere connects just fine.  I have Xfinity router and checked the 2.5 settings and they are correct.  Any other ideas to fix the issue?

renojim

Jump to solution

@Momo246, if you are sure your wireless mode is set to b/g/n, some people have had Xfinity replace their router to fix the problem.

Here's another possibility to try:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/I-figured-it-out-WiFi-connection-pr...

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos