Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emily4
Level 7

Roku Express on Channel 1 not connecting to Xfinity Internet Essentials

Jump to solution

Hi, I've used my Roku Express with Xfinity Internet Essentials for a year and a half without problems.  It will no longer hold a connection.  I have tried re-starting Roku and my router many times over the past week.  When Roku does connect it is on Channel 1, however when I select Youtube, CNN Go, or Sling the connection immediately vanishes.  In fact, it vanishes even when I don't select anything.  I'm surprised and dissapointed that there is no live customer support for Ruku Express.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express on Channel 1 not connecting to Xfinity Internet Essentials

Jump to solution

@Emily4 

Comcast has changed many WiFi router settings for 2.4 GHz band to g/n from b/g/n. Check if that was done. If so, you should be able to change it back.

How to do that depends on which router they provided as part of the service.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Emily4 

Comcast has changed many WiFi router settings for 2.4 GHz band to g/n from b/g/n. Check if that was done. If so, you should be able to change it back.

How to do that depends on which router they provided as part of the service.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

Emily4
Level 7

Jump to solution

Switching to 802.11 b/g/n worked.  Thanks DBDukes.  

Still want to reiterate that Roku should provide live customer support for people with Roku Express.  It took me several evenings to just figure out to post on this. 

A phone number or email address for Roku customer support (available to everyone!) would be much more user-friendly.