Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express not detecting wifi

Jump to solution

@cowgir2030 

What is your Roku model number (Settings/System/About), your router model number, and ISP (internet service provider).  Also indicate if you are you seeing any error messages on your TV screen.  Need a few more details to troubleshoot.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
AE
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello:

We are having the same trouble.  It happened all of sudden.  We've had no problems that weren't solvable until now.  We've done all the steps you suggested below including a factory reset.  Nothing fixes the issue.  Is the Roku box toast? Roku serial number YG00CN577024.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@AE 

In other postings, you indicated you had the Roku Express.  If this is still the case, then you will have to verify the 2.4ghz is configured properly.  If you gave a cable ISP, (Xfinity/Comcast, Cox, or AT&T), then you should also verify that the Wireless Mode in your router is set to b/g/n. (This is actually the first step to check).

------

Xfinity / Comcast → ( https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi ) with a walkthrough ( https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Error-014-30-stuck-for-three-days/m...)

Cox → (https://www.cox.com/residential/support/managing-your-in-home-network-with-my-wifi.html)

AT&T → (https://www.att.com/support/article/u-verse-high-speed-internet/KM1046172). You can select your appropriate router from the drop down menu.

------

Feel free to post back if still having issues or need more help.  Provide some details like Roku model number, router model number, ISP, and any error messages you are seeing on screen.

0 Kudos
HumorMike
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hey AE...I'm a Roku customer/user like you.  I have two units and one works perfectly and the other randomly started to have wifi connection issues.  When I write random, I mean that it worked perfectly fine until one day it didn't.  Some mornings I can just turn it on and stream with no problems last all, but other days, I get the connection error.  While none of the troubleshooting recommendations help, I've found that unplugging my unit for a minute and plugging it back in allows it to find the wifi and function properly for a few days until it loses the wi-fi signal and I have to unplug it again.  Ironically, the unit that developed the issue is in the same room with my router, while the unit downstairs does not have the issue.  Oh, and none of my other wi-fi devices have connection issues either...and I have about 10 items connected.  That noted, try the unplug/reset thing.  If that doesn't work, and the other troubleshooting recommendations don't work, it may be time to consider a change in product.

0 Kudos
AE
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Already been verified.  I have literally tried every recommendation posted.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@AE 

Respectfully, I have had to try and piece together your issue through various postings throughout the Community over a period of two years.  A few times you have asked whether your device was fried, or toast, or time to get a new one.  In each case, seems like issue was resolved until next one.

There are different reasons why different Roku devices experience different connection issues.  Any further help/assistance is really going to require you to provide the info requested.

1. Roku model number

2. Router model number

3. ISP (internet service provider)

4. Any error messages you are seeing on screen

5. What are your current 2.4 ghz settings

6. Although you have done everything, what specific troubleshoooting steps have you performed.

7. Is your Roku device able to connect to a mobile hotspot (if available to you).

----

Without providing any more details, you are left with the option of purchasing a newer Roku device (preferably a dual-band device like the Roku Express 4k+) and see if that resolves your issue.  

Can certainly tag @RokuDanny-R and maybe he can forward you to Support to go through the above.

0 Kudos
AE
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We have an SD TV.  Would that have anything to do with this sudden loss of function?

0 Kudos
kassiajb

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R  I have the same issue. My roku dose not show a single connection, not even my iphone not spot. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@kassiajb

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model are you using? Is your Roku device already setup and activated? Was the device working before?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos