Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kato223
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Express not detecting wifi

Jump to solution

Did I not just say that not all devices have that issue?  It is just a recommendation.  Guess what, my Express actually had that problem and so did my Roku 2, but it comes down to the router.  They worked fine on my sister's Xfinity that doesn't allow you to split the channels, but on my Linksys WRT-1900AC required me to do it or it did not see it.

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

By default, Verizon has, self-organizing network turned on. 

0 Kudos
Lynnbug
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, Verizon told me it has "split" channels and the Roku device should be able to see and use the channels it needs to work. It does not work. They suggested maybe doing a factory reset.

0 Kudos
kato223
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Before you do that, try setting the 2.4GHz to N only disabling all legacy rates.

0 Kudos
Lynnbug
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My final solution to this problem was to trash my Roku Express device and purchase an Amazon Fire Stick for $20. The Amazon Fire connected to my Wi-Fi in 3 seconds and works perfectly. I will never buy any Roku products again.  Bye.

0 Kudos
nanswan

Jump to solution

How do I send  you a PM?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @nanswan

We're here to help!

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
billybush1

Jump to solution

My Roko tv use to find my wifi but since the Xfinity reset their network it cant find any wifi, all my tablets phones computers no issue connecting

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@billybush1

Thanks for reaching out.

Some customers have reported that if you have a Comcast/Xfinity or Cox modem/router, going into the router settings and changing the wireless mode from g/n to b/g/n resolves the issue. Try giving that a shot!

If you need help on how to change your router settings, feel free to contact your internet service provider.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
cowgir2030

Jump to solution

this is still now working and i did every thing and it does not work still.

0 Kudos