Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Natesdad

Re: Roku Express suddenly will not connect to the internet

Jump to solution

After messing with resetting my router for 2 hours I finally got my ROKU to work after reading about my settings.Changed to b/g/n from g/n and that did the trick.Thanks

bhelsi33
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I actually have already attempted this step. Its the ONLY business that causes this. For a few cause, it does not play correctly and I get audio handiest and get green flashing packing containers in top left corner of the display here.

DeeDecor

Jump to solution

ThankYou Waterlady!

After 2 days of struggling, retarting, re-entering etc,etc

Your step by step info solved my issues.  I have no idea what 2.4GHz means or even relates to,  but I was able to get tv working again as fabulous as before.

Thanks again for taking the time to be precise with directions!

Good luck to others with this issue.  It is very frustrating for a diy'r...

bethm824
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You are a miracle worker! I was not able to change the bandwidth speed myself, but I do recall that several months ago Xfinity did combine the two and it was causing all kinds of problems with my Roku ecpress starting just recently. It took three different service calls and reaching somebody from Xfinity’s advanced technical department, but when I read to them your message about Roku only using 2.4 GHz they switched me back to two different Wi-Fi accounts at the two different bandwidth and set me at 2.4. I also have a 5.0 GHz if ever I need it, but the point is this solved my Internet/Roku problem. I can’t tell you how helpful it is when people like you take the time to share their knowledge. Thank you, thank you. Beth

0 Kudos
bethm824
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am amazed you were able to locate it in the app. I was all over the Xfinity app and cannot find it anywhere. I had to go through the agony of speaking to a couple different technicians and finally got one who put me to their “advanced“ department and she was able to switch the megahertz bandwidth for me. We never did get the BGN to GN Issue found but I’m hoping that limiting my Roku connection to 2.4 MHz will take care of the situation.

0 Kudos
EHF

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue but one tv works and the other doesn't.  Any ideas?  Need help since Roku is helpless and the worst customer service I've known.  

0 Kudos
bethm824
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am out of options, sorry. I thought I had it fixed but it broke down again this morning. I’m about to make my last call to Xfinity and if that doesn’t solve it I’m dumping the Roku and getting an Amazon fire stick. Hope you have better luck.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@bethm824 

Unfortunately, relying on the ISP to fix the problem may be unreliable because you do not know what they are doing essentially.  Once you learn how to configure your own network, you will have much better success narrowing down the issues.

I have provided some pics you can reference so you can make these changes yourself and understand what you are actually doing to fix the current issue related to the b/g/n configuration.

Basically, all you really have to do is verify that your 2.4ghz wi-fi band is enabled and broadcasting, and that you switch your 2.4ghz band Mode/protocol to b/g/n.

Either launch your Xfinity app or type in 10.0.0.1 in a web browser that is connected to the same network as your router.  Your Username = admin, and your Password = password.

Then look on left of Screen for Gateway selection.  From there click/navigate to Gateway...Connection...Wifi.  Then select Edit on your 2.4ghz Frequency Band.  From there a screen should appear with various Wireless Configuration Settings.  This is the screen where you will need to verify that your 2.4ghz band is Enabled and the 2.4ghz SSID(network name) is Broadcasting, and where you switch your Mode from g/n to b/g/n.  After verifying and making changes, press SAVE SETTINGS, and then restart both your router and your Roku device.

You really should be good to go from there.

Feel free to post back with an update or if you need more help.

Click images to enlarge.

xfinity bgn_1.pngxfinity bgn_2.pngxfinity bgn_3.pngxfinity bgn_4.png

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

bethm824
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi AvsGunnar and Dowill, i’m not sure if my previous response got to you, but I just want you both to know that you have helped me so much. I’ve been lost in a maze but with your detailed replies and images, I was able to set the mode back to B/G/N. The timing of Xfinity firmware updates in the last month is about right; so weird that that can happen with nobody being notified but I guess the intention is for these updates to be invisible. In any event, I’m now listening to music in my Roku and I am so relieved. Many thanks.

0 Kudos

[Express 39000] Unable to connect to Wifi

Jump to solution

I am unable to connect to my wireless internet. It says I have excellent strength. I have reset both my internet and my roku and it still will not connect.  I have also unplugged my roku.

I have a 3900x roku express 

SN: YG005U724585

0 Kudos