Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Express not connecting to Google Nest Hub router

I have a Roku express 3930x. I was able to install and connect it to my router (Google Nest Hub) in February 2020. Then all of a sudden this April, it is saying its not connected to the internet but when i checked the IP address, it was connected to the router. was there an update recently that made this not be able to connect? I have tried doing factory reset several times but still doesnt connect. when I connect it to my phone as a hotspot, it works fine though. 

Google Nest Hub doesn't broadcast two signals (2.4 and 5 ghz), it will just show one SSID and will feed the appropriate frequency to the device. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express not connecting to Google Nest Hub router

@jays77777 

Thanks for the note.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device as well as checking out some wireless troubleshooting tips on our Support page here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos