Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
I see lots of posts/questions about Roku Express not connecting to WIFI. I reviewed many but none help.
1. I have had the Roku Express with Cox Internet for about 1 year. been working fine vis HDMI cable.
2. I have 1 other tv with Roku Express and another TV with Roku Streaming stick plus. Both are connecting fine.
3. The tv with issue, frequently started buffering or completing ending programming and going back to home page. Today it quit working.
4. I checked connection and it showed excellent, yet the frequent buffering or ending continued.
5. I reviewed go.roku.com/wireless troubleshooting instructions and pretty much did them all. I have received almost every one of the issues shown as examples.
6. I rebooted the router, System/Restart the Roku, did a Roku reset and even unplugged the Roku.
7. I tried my cell as a hotspots and that didn't work either (and I confirmed the password is correct)
8. I've double checked password (it's working with all other devices),
9. This tv is the one closest to the router. The TV/Roku outside is working fine.
10. The error Code I am getting is 14.50.
11. I just increased my speed with ISP on 1/4/21 from 50 mbps to 150 mobs. Seems odd to me this is when the issues for this TV started. Called them and they say everything is working fine on their end.
I hope I provided the right/enough info for assistance as I am stumped after troubleshooting for 1.5 hours and no tv to watch to now to help put me to sleep. LOL
Ditto. Exact same problem. Signal excellent. All other devices working fine. Just not Roku Express. I did notice a resart there's a popup "format not supported" then it goes into home screen with all my streaming app options. What does that mean? Until this morning everything was fine? What changed?
Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:
- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express/Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum.
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect?
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected?
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?
If those things still aren't helping, feel free to provide us with the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.