Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jereed7
Level 7

Roku Express keeps disconnecting from internet.

I just bought this Roku Express and have had nothing but problems with it. It is constantly disconnecting from the Wi-Fi, despite being right next to the router. So I know it's not a weak signal.

Please help! This is getting really annoying. I have zero issues with the other three Roku Sticks I've bought. What's the point of upgrading to 4k capable if the thing doesn't even work?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Roku Express keeps disconnecting from internet.

Try moving the router a bit away from from the Roku.  You could be getting interference.

We also need more information about the environment the Roku is in.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
jereed7
Level 7

It is on a tv stand in my living room, right below the TV.
0 Kudos
dgrace
Level 7

Just know a few simple facts about wifi. If a wifi device us too near a router it may have poor signal. If the device is too near other strong electrical or magnetic device it may get radio interference. If there are any obstructions between a router and a device the signal will be reduced (walls, mirrors on that wall, wooden cabinet sides, etc). Wifi signals radiate horizontally from a router (unless it has external antenna that can be adjusted) so that the device, if above or below by a significant amount, like another floor of a building, will have reduced signal. Router settings can effect how well a device connects, and stays connected. Other wifi nearby can interfere or confuse a device. A home network that isn't managed properly can have IP conflicts that cause dropped connections.
Lets try sorting through your set up and try and determine if you have a solvable issue or a bad roku.
"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos
wildsprite
Level 7

"jereed7" wrote:
It is on a tv stand in my living room, right below the TV.

have you tried switching it with one of the 3 sticks to see if the problem persists?
0 Kudos