Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jwhy
Level 7

Re: Roku Express had excellent wifi, loses internet

I have a Roku Express and it keeps losing connection to the WiFi. It is sitting right above the Linksys router (less than a foot away). It is connected via usb to the tv. My router has 2.4 and 5Ghz signals. I have changed the broadcasting channel. I have tried rebooting the roku and it is up to date. I have a roku streaming stick and a roku tv on the same network and they are fine. I have multiple devices on the network and this is the only device having issues connecting. I can restart my router and it will reconnect, but I shouldn’t have to do this. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express had excellent wifi, loses internet

@Jwhy 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum.

If you are still having issues connecting to your network, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos