Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Express+ dropping connection

Hi all, I’m having some issues with one of my three rokus in my home. My Roku Express+ constantly buffers and/or drops connections on all my streaming apps. Connection strength and speed both test as “good”. The roku is upstairs in a small house, router is downstairs. I have other devices connected in the same room, none ever have issues streaming anything. Do I have a faulty unit? There’s definitely something abnormal going on with it. I’ve restarted it many times, no change. Getting frustrated, ready to try another one but unsure if it’s a common thing with the Express+ or not. My other rokus are a stick and a regular express, neither have issues.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: Roku Express+ dropping connection

What if you swap with one of the known working units, does it have the same problem in that location?  Is the stick behind the TV?  You may want to try an extension to get it and the wifi receiver out from behind the TV.

Does your TV have an HDMI port on the side?  If so, try it in that port to get it out from behind the TV and see if you have any change in the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Sometimes moving things only a small amount can make a big difference in wifi reception. The signal could be largely blocked by an unseen floor joist, for instance, but have clear sailing just a few inches away.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the same problem.  My signal is excellent but both of my streaming devices keep cutting out and going to the loading screen.  This has been happening on and off for a week now.  I have rebooted them both and that doesn't help.  It happens CONSTANTLY!  Nothing is blocking the signal to the roku devices.

0 Kudos