Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku Express doesn't show wifi name but other devices including Roku TV do and can connect.

Last night all of the Roku Express devices stopped showing my home Wi-Fi while the Roku TV and other wireless devices still can connect and use the internet. I did a factory reset on one of the expresses and checked the router and modem including rebooting them. What can I do next?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 19

Re: Roku Express doesn't show wifi name but other devices including Roku TV do and can connect.

@ucs200613 wrote:

Last night all of the Roku Express devices stopped showing my home Wi-Fi while the Roku TV and other wireless devices still can connect and use the internet. I did a factory reset on one of the expresses and checked the router and modem including rebooting them. What can I do next?

Roku models Express, Express+, Premiere, and Premiere+ cannot connect to the 5 GHz wifi band, only to the 2.4 GHz band. If you have one of these models and a dual band router with both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands, be sure the router's 2.4 GHz band is turned on.  

If all the Express models lost wifi at the same time, possibly the router received an update that turned off the 2.4 GHz band -- this has happened in the past with routers supplied by cable companies.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos