Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Roku Express connection issue

Hi just been looking to buy a Roku but I noticed all the boxes and stick are all wireless no ethernet connection I've had second thoughts on buying one as I purchased a Now TV stick which I Noticed it was made by Roku and all the same problems I have read on this page also applies to the Now TV stick keeps dropping the wi-fi signal then you cant get it to connect I sent my Now tv stick back and got a refund so it looks like the moto is avoid Roku until they make one with a ethernet connection

0 Kudos
XseeNMTv
Level 9

Very similar. Roku wireless chip or antenna is dying in the unit. Will only connect if less than 50cm from access point.

0 Kudos
XseeNMTv
Level 9

So a little further experimentation.

iPhone 11 Pro at 1.2m as a hotspot and the piece of **bleep** Roku will not find the wireless.

0 Kudos
mramos25
Level 7

Re: connection

I recently followed this step because my roku was doing the same thing and now its doing it and I cant set it up form the factory reset stage.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@mramos25

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
mramos25
Level 7

Yes it stopped connecting to internet. I first checked for updates then restarted the Roku and nothing worked and I read to factory reset and not that I have done so I can’t set it up because it won’t recognize ANY internet not even my neighbors. I also have other Roku devices and they all work fine so it’s not an internet connection issue.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@mramos25,

Thanks for the follow-up,

Do you get an error message when you try to connect to your wireless network? What Roku model device are you using? How long has the issue been occurring? 

You can also try using a mobile hotspot as an alternate network. This will help us identify if this is a device issue or a network issue.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
mramos25
Level 7

There is no error message just identifies no networks and I did try my hotspot and it just doesn’t detect anything so now I’m stuck on the second step or setup because no internet 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@mramos25

Thanks for the update.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos