Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: connection

I have done all of this and it is stut ill froze.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the same issue. There is NO factory reset on my unit. What now?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: I am having the same issue. There is NO factory reset on my unit. What now?

@kurtboy 

Thanks for the note.

What Roku device model do you have?

For more information about trying to perform a factory reset on your device, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Express Not connected to internet

2 nights ago i was watching a show on hulu thru my Roku Express when it suddenly stopped midstream and disconnected. i thought our internet was down and it was late so i figured the internet would resolve itself over night. next day - i could not get my Roku to connect. it kept saying wrong password. got green checks, excellent signal. verified password a million times. did factory reset several times - unplugged and re-plugged routers/modems/ virtually every electronic gadget in my house and spent hours trying to get it to work while running up my blood pressure about to take a hammer to it. all other gadgets and gizmos talking to our wireless internet just fine. my express is less than 2 months old - seemed weird that it was broken.

i read this thread and tried the suggestions here. i tried the wifi analyzer and speed test. all seemed good and fast. and i couldn't figure out how to get it to channel "G" - whatever that is - BUT I FOUND SOMETHING THAT WORKED!!!!

I went on YouTube - and found this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLdLXqk7a50

if the video does not display or they erase it or something - there is a secret menu you can get to by pushing the following buttons on your remote (somewhat quickly)

push the "home" button 5 times

push fast forward

push play

push rewind

push play

push fast forward

if you did this right, it will bring up a screen with a menu

go to the "systems operation menu"

go to "disable network pings" - when you click this it should now say "enable network pings"

reboot your system.

this worked for me and seriously - i was about to chuck this 2 month old thing in the trash - i am thinking that some internet type nastiness changed this setting somehow to get you to go buy a new one or something. i originally ended up on what i thought was a roku help desk and they tried to charge me $70 to fix my issue and refused to help if i did not commit to the $$. i called scam and got away from that chat as fast as i could. this option needs to be posted somewhere for folks to try - i will have it written down and near my TV if this ever happens again.

small drawback is that you have to re-login to all your channels and re-sort everything. it acts like its a newly setup system  - BUT AT LEAST ITS WORKING!!!!  YAY!!!

i hope this helps others!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

roku express won't connect

I have 2 roku expresses. The one that is 2 floors away from my router works like a champ. The one that is 10 feet from the router has always been finicky in connecting. Please provide tech support number so we can hammer this out! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

One part of house will not let Roku to connect to wifi

I have two Roku expresses.

One in my loft and one in a bedroom.

The one in the loft is about 12 inches from the router, the bedroom one is about 50 ft away.

Yesterday the loft Roku ceased connection to the internet. I did a lot of troubleshooting, restarting modem/router, factory setting Roku but no way can I connect. So I swapped it with the bedroom one and same issue. The loft one will work in the bedroom but not in the loft. The bedroom one works in the bedroom but not the loft. So I replaced the wiring from the bedroom to the loft. Still nothing, the Roku being used in the loft will not connect to the wifi. It sees the network but will not connect.

Anyone any ideas?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: One part of house will not let Roku to connect to wifi

@Stevehere 

Thanks for the note.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please answer the following questions so I can get a better understanding of what you are experiencing:
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with the answers to the above questions, along with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About of the device that you are having connectivity issues with and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I’m having the same issue and I’m ready to pitch this thing in the trash!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

3920x connection failure

I have a newer (3 month old) 3920x that connects with a wireless connection to my internet. The router is 30 feet away, direct line if sight-no walls. A few days ago, I was watching roku and in the middle of show....said.....no internet connection. Internet has a strong signal and was active.

When I roku scan for internet, roku says there are no signals. It won't even look. 

Is there a way to see if the roku had a malfunction?

I have rebooted my router, the roku and my wifi several times. Resets & complete uplugs. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@rebelsrose6165 @Tangledyarns 

Thanks for the note.

I have sent you a private message and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos