Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Grafixx01
Level 8

Re: More Express not connecting wireless issue

@raymonds , what type of router do you have? Is the firmware and OS up to date?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Ba11aki2
Level 7

Roku Express randomly loses connection with wifi

Hi...I have several Express and Express Plus units and all except the most far distant from my router work perfectly fine. The Express in question randomly loses connection several times a day, and often times will reconnect at its own discretion, again randomly. My router is new, and I have a booster within five feet of the Roku unit and the signal strength is "excellent". I have tried all the suggested remedies, got any more ideas? PS: I swapped a unit from one of the other TVs with no change...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
raymonds
Level 8

tp-link AC750 Archer C2 v5.  It's as up to date as it can get. My Roku is a 3930X. I have to find out what model worked here on my router. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Grafixx01
Level 8

@raymonds , it doesn’t let you change it to just Wireless G under advanced settings in wireless connection/setup? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
raymonds
Level 8

@Grafixx01 No. Just bg mixed. I guess I could find another router. Also, I operate on a static IP.

NOTE: Just installed a D-LINK router. Set it to wireless G, worked like a champ. Thank YOU!

Highlighted
Grafixx01
Level 8

@raymonds @No problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express connection issue

@taymiktryb @Ba11aki2 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I have sent you both a private message and will assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Grafixx01
Level 8

@Ba11aki2 @taymiktryb @@Just change your router to broadcast wireless g only for your 2.4ghz signal.

its a slower speed, but it works. 

[content edited per Roku Community Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Ba11aki2
Level 7

Hey Graf and to others posting...My issue of random connectivity seems to have been resolved. I changed my router to dedicated "wireless g" and also changed the router channel to "6"...Thanks all!...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Ba11aki2
Level 7

Addendum...Still had random disconnects/connects to a lesser degree. So, moved my router booster to within 18" of the Roku unit, with the result showing stronger signal on the Secret Screen. Even fewer drops, but the system seems really finicky...Maybe needs stronger architecture or software update?... 

0 Kudos