Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ashton10
Level 8

Re: connection

My roku express + recently just began doing the same exact thing. Once connected to the internet, it freezes and I can no longer use any of my buttons on my remote. Please help me as I am having the same issue. I also did an entire factory reset and nothing helped. 

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

I would recommend trying to perform a factory reset to see if this clears up the issue. For more information regarding how to factory reset your device, you can visit our support page How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If that isn't doing the trick, please feel free to send me a PM and I'll get you in touch with our support team for more help.

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Ashton10 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Ashton10
Level 8

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@Ashton10 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

I actually can not get to the settings screen.. At anytime I plug my roku in, it takes me straight to the wifi connection screen. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mjkost
Level 7

I now have the same issue on one of the roku express devices the others work just fine.

None of the options worked in this forum for me either.

It also looks like Danny is just regurgitating canned responses without reading the requests.

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Mjkost 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I have sent you a private message and will assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mjkost
Level 7

Just a suggestion putting on the page I sent a private message and will help from there, is not help when the private message is also a canned response. 

Highlighted
Ashton10
Level 8

Its been a couple weeks and still no response for me.. I have the box the roku express came in with the device ID, sku#, and the lot# ..... Please help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Ashton10 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I have sent you a private message and will assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jordan2
Level 7

Express Not connected to internet

Roku why won't my express connect to the internet? I have a great internet connection that I can connect all my other devices on. But for some reason I can connect to my Roku. It just tells me there is not a connection. And when I try to connect it kicks me off saying my internet is down. ( Which is false) so help please.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Express Not connected to internet

@Jordan2 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Are you trying to connect to the internet during the setup of your device or is your device already set up and it is no longer connecting to your network.

Can you please clarify the issue that you are experiencing and we will be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos