Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Roku Express connection issue

My Roku express work fine for a few months and  now iI had to reset it to factory settings and now it won't connect to the  wifi wireless connection has a green check beside it and a green check by the internet connection then freezes up.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: connection

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

I would recommend trying to perform a factory reset to see if this clears up the issue. For more information regarding how to factory reset your device, you can visit our support page How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If that isn't doing the trick, please feel free to send me a PM and I'll get you in touch with our support team for more help.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Lukemiller
Level 7

I have a roku express that was working for a number of months then one day it stopped connecting to the internet. I get a green check on the WiFi connection and a red check next to the internet connection. I’ve read on many forums and tried setting resetting both the router and roku to factory settings and using a public DNS. What else can I try?
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Have you tried restarting your Roku device and router? Are you able to connect to the wireless network and internet with other devices? For more troubleshooting steps, please check check our Support page here: How do I check the connection to my home network and the internet?

If you are still unable to connect to the internet with your Roku device, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll have a member of our Support team follow up to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Alicia
Level 7

Danny, I fell like banging my head against a brick wall would be more productive than continuing to try to fix my connection issue.  Last night I lost my Internet connection with my Roku Express.  All my other devices connect to the internet.  I have tried every suggestion I can find on the help sight, but I still get a "no networks available" message.  Please help me fix this.  I feel as if I am just going in Circles.

Alicia

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About and I'll get you in touch with our support team for more assistance.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Roku Express connection issue

I have 4 Roku Express and all 4 disconnected from WiFi and I am unable to connect again. I have a fire stick as well and it works awesome. I will never buy another Roku product. Can not get a hold of anyone to help and my $ was wasted on 4 devices that worked for me for 3-4 months max.
0 Kudos

Re: Roku Express connection issue

I have also tried everything that has been suggested in this forum as solutions. Very frustrated because when it works it is great, but the fact that it mysteriously stops in the middle of the day seems a little fishy to me.
0 Kudos
MelwynG
Level 7

I have a roku express that i have been using for a couple months. However, randomly the wireless connection started dropping and the wifi signal was stuck at poor connection. All my other devices work perfectly and now roku wont even recognize an wireless signal. I tried factory resetting the roku couple of times and tried everything but wont work. Roku wont catch any wifi signal when searching not even the neighbors wifi will show up on the list any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@MelwynG 

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum.
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect?
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About and I'll get you in touch with our support team for more assistance.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos