Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmconner4
Level 7

Roku Express can’t see wifi

A couple of months ago I bought 4 Roku expresses to fill my new home. They have all been working great. Yesterday, one would not connect. I did all the troubleshooting I could find through research but nothing helped.

I did a factory reset. Now, when I try and set it up, it goes to the main screen “Let’s Get Started” and then pick a language. I hit English. Next, it scans for my wireless network but nothing shows up. Even entering my internet info with the “private network” option does not help.

I know that it is not my internet’s fault as all three of my other Rokus are connected and are playing fine.

Any Ideas?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
tbird635
Level 7

Re: Roku Express can’t see wifi

Mine did that too a few months ago. First my signal got weak and then it started dropping.
Contact support and go through the troubleshooting steps.
I ended up getting it replaced under warranty. 
0 Kudos
kmconner4
Level 7

When I called the 1-800 support number, it says that my Roku is too old to have an agent’s help. I wonder how I could get it replaced through warranty, as I don’t have the box or receipt. I only have my bank info where it shows where I paid for it right at 2 months ago...
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"kmconner4" wrote:
When I called the 1-800 support number, it says that my Roku is too old to have an agent’s help. I wonder how I could get it replaced through warranty, as I don’t have the box or receipt. I only have my bank info where it shows where I paid for it right at 2 months ago...

Roku doesn't have an 800 phone number. If you called one, it was a scam site and not Roku. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
kmconner4
Level 7

When I googled “contact Roku support”, the number is 1-816-272-8106. Maybe it is a scam... I don’t know. Just trying to figure out how to fix this Roku or do the warranty...
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"kmconner4" wrote:
When I googled “contact Roku support”, the number is 1-816-272-8106. Maybe it is a scam... I don’t know. Just trying to figure out how to fix this Roku or do the warranty...

That’s not an 800/toll-free number. That number is legit.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
kmconner4
Level 7

I thought so. Thank you.

Anyone have any ideas on what’s wrong with my Roku though? Or how to go about the warranty...?
0 Kudos