Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AbbyS
Level 7

Re: Roku Express+ can't find or connect to any wifi networks

Yeah. This "support team" is starting to feel like a myth. ROKU? Are you there, ROKU?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you have not already provided this information,

can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-when did you start seeing this issue

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Carmencolon74
Level 7

Both Roku express still won’t connect to the wifi. It’s crazy it picks it up but when I enter the password it says I have no wifi connection smdh. Going on 3 weeks I thank God my ex bought me a fire stick for Christmas. I’ve been streaming on that but I enjoyed using Roku. I’m so upset they should have some where we can mail it to so it can be trouble shooted. 

0 Kudos
SJKenney
Level 7

Thanks Danny for posting the same article from the Roku support site that is not helpful at all. I am having the same problem as all of these users and I have logged into my Router I can see the DHCP reservation for the RokuPremier device and I deleted it to see if the Roku would release and renew the DHCP to no avail. I have more that a dozen other devices in the house, all of which connect to the router fine and all of which that can get out to the Internet so it is not my router, my ISP, my SSID or any other network issues that you and the Roku support articles reference. Why did the Wireless antenna for this Roku just all of a sudden stop working. My SSID is being broadcast as I can see it on all of the other wireless devices in my house that try to connect but every time I try to scan to see networks I get the notification on the "Choose your Network" screen stating "- no networks found -". I have even tried to use the Private network option to manually type my SSID and network password, guess what? That didn't work either; and yes I typed the SSID in correctly and the password so don't come back with "Did you type those in correctly?". Do I need to do what that other user said and throw out my Roku and get a Firestick?

0 Kudos
SJKenney
Level 7

My Model # is: 3920X-Roku Premiere

Ser No.: YHOOAF04658

Software Version: 9.4.0 - build 4210-91

Device ID K4306A046586

Network name: Frontier7792

IP Address: 0.0.0.0 (Because it's not finding the WAP

Wireless MAC address 8C:49:62:E2:5B:BE

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@SJKenney

Thanks for the providing us with that information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
LillaSnow
Level 7

I’m sorry but I can’t figure out how to ask a question to get help so I just clicked on reply. My Roku worked fine for six months and then suddenly was not connected to wireless and I can’t get it to reconnect. Signal strength is strong, all other devices are online. I restarted router and Roku. Nothing works. 

0 Kudos
Carmencolon74
Level 7

I agree both of mine hasn’t worked for about a month. I did everything as well and still doesn’t work. Same as you everything works with the internet. It’s just insane Roku doesn’t provide customer service to its customers. This  is just wrong. I had to connect my fire stick that was given to me for Christmas and that is working fine. It’s totally done on purpose if you ask me. Roku trying to force its customers to upgrade their equipment to the new version being released this Sunday. It’s there many tactics. I just gave up so did my daughter. She has hers for about 6 months too. It was good while it lasted. Oh my neighbor has a smart TV and her Roku works fine. It’s these devices. 

0 Kudos
SJKenney
Level 7

Thanks Danny,

Do you have any idea when they might reach out to help me solve this issue?

@SJKenney 

0 Kudos
BevB
Level 7

I just purchased my Roku Streaming Stick+ and it has been working fine until this morning. I did the system test and everything is showing working. I am able to connect to other internet apps but nothing comes on Roku, it just spins trying to connect. 
Here is my info:

3810CA Roku Streaming Stick+
YH0002409827

10.0.0 •build 4195-50

0 Kudos