Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jewells6407
Level 7

Roku Express can't connect to wi-fi network even though the correct PW entered.

Roku Express setup found correct wi-fi with strong signal strength. Correct PW entered (other DVD player connected with same PW), but Roku Express failed to connect, with error code 014.41 

Can't proceed without network connection. Also wi-fi search failed to find second wi-fi signal. How do I return this p.o.s. in exchange for one that works.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express can't connect to wi-fi network even though the correct PW entered.

@jewells6407 

You said you couldn't find a "second WiFi signal." Does that mean you have both a 2.4 GHz network and a 5 GHz network? If so, you should note that the Express only works with a 2.4 GHz network.

If you want to return the Roku device, that would depend on where you got it. If you bought it from a store, take it back to the store. Have your receipt.

If you bought it from an online third party (Amazon, etc) go through their return process.

If you bought it directly from Roku, use the return process: https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Roku Express can't connect to wi-fi network even though the correct PW entered.

@jewells6407 

In addition to what @DBDukes  mentioned, if you return it and want a Roku model that is dual-band (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz) I recommend the $30-40 Express 4K+ (not the Walmart 4K - it doesn't have a Voice Remote), which also has a wired option (via non-provided USB>Ethernet adapter).

0 Kudos