Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpbleek
Reel Rookie

Roku Express+ and Premiere unable to connect to my WiFi when WPA-2 key protected.

When connecting both my Express+ and Premiere to my WiFi, it will only connect if i leave my network unprotected. Once I put my WPA-2 key on to protect it, the Rokus cannot connect to the internet anymore. Yes i am CERTAIN i am inputting the password correctly onto my devices, the devices can only connect to my internet if i leave it unsecured, which i really do not want to do. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express+ and Premiere unable to connect to my WiFi when WPA-2 key protected.

Thats the most common protocol.

Have you tried changing your password to something less fancy?

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
jpbleek
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express+ and Premiere unable to connect to my WiFi when WPA-2 key protected.

My password could not be less fancy

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

reboot your router. That should work

and reboot your Roku if necessary.

Are you sure youre setting for the right band 5g or 2.4g

https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Network-Troubleshooting-Help/m-p/51...

jpbleek
Reel Rookie

I appreciate your help, but I’m not inexperienced with technology, I performed the 1st step in IT to turn it off and on again. I’ve rebooted everything, I’ve uSed different passwords, I even plugged in my old router and modem to see if they worked. Nothing. Even when I put the password into the Rokus it works for about 3 seconds before it stops. I’m at my wits end at this point lol

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

So on different routers the same.

Have you tried Factory reset on the Roku's.

Are there any upside down Crosses in your house?

Can you try WEP in your router?

jpbleek
Reel Rookie

I’ve ensure all my crosses are right side up. And my routers only pass key option is WPA2-PSK

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Can your smart phone or another device log in?

snotschnoz

Have you tried not using the password protection?

0 Kudos
RBandes
Reel Rookie

I respect that you've been in IT, and I appreciate your listing what you tried (always a good idea).  If you haven't already, try updating the system software on the Roku.

Ron

0 Kudos