Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku Express Will Not Connect To WiFi

I set up a Roku Express for my roommate 6 or so month back.  He doesn't use it a ton.  I just returned from a work trip and at the moment the Roku Express will register and see the house WiFi network with four bars, yet every time you type in the password it will NOT connect and you get the red X.

What is going on?  Any further information would be appreciated, as apparently I can't connect with a customer service agent over this device, which is silly.

Thanks in advance!

~S~

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 7

Re: Roku Express Will Not Connect To WiFi

Anyone...?!

0 Kudos
Level 21

Re: Roku Express Will Not Connect To WiFi

The usual response is to make sure you've restarted everything - modem/router and Roku.  After that, if you have any special characters in your password try a simpler password.  Most of the problems with Expresses are that they don't see the Wi-Fi SSID at all.  Not accepting the password is usually due to user error (typing it in incorrectly) or special characters causing a problem.

0 Kudos