Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrhydrick
Level 7

Roku Express Wi-Fi Direct is causing massive interference on my home network

This seems to be a recent problem for me, the past few days, my internet connection keeps lagging, severely.  After running a sweep of my wireless environment, I found that the Roku Express (identified by the MAC address) is productions a hidden network and keeps mirroring my router's radio channel and is boosting its signal far above what I am getting on my laptop even after changing the channel on my router.  I have seen some posts on the internet about the key combination to access the Roku Secret menu, however the options for Interference does not exist in my secret menu.  Any one have any other ideas? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
tmazzotta
Level 8

Re: Roku Express Wi-Fi Direct is causing massive interference on my home network

I have a Roku Express as well and experiencing the same problem that jrhkdrick reported.

does anybody have a solution/workaround?
0 Kudos