Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Express Not Connecting to Internet and no one will contact me from Roku about the problem

I have  a Roku Express that is a few months old and as of 10/15/20 it will not connect to my wireless network.  It indicates it sees it but can not connect to it.  I have went thru the trouble shooting checklist multiple times and everything else is working.  I have 4 other TVs with Roku on them that run off the 5.0 system and have no problems.  The Roku Express runs off the 2.4 system and I guess the latest software update messed something up.  I sent a message to Roku Danny-R which I assume is in customer service but have not got a reply back.  Roku needs to get some sort of Call Center and/or a way you can email them directly about this situation that appears multiple people are having with their Roku Devices.  The COVID 19 is an excuse that does not cut it with the ability of employees to work from home on computers and answer emails about customer issues.  My next email will be to the FCC Complaint Center that I had to go to with my cable/internet provider who would not make contact with me or my neighbors to correct their problem.  So if anyone with Roku would care to reply and send me and the rest of your customers some sort of message telling us you are aware of this problem and are working on or have a solution to it that would be appreciated.  If anyone else has found a solution to this on going problem please reply so we can get back to enjoying are viewing entertainment.

8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

e: Roku Express Not Connecting to Internet and no one will contact me from Roku about the problem

I too am having trouble with my roku streaming stick connecting to my internet since their update on Oct 15th. I have been in contact with their customer support trying different things to get it to work and so far to no success. It sees my internet but just won't connect to the internet.

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku Express Not Connecting to Internet and no one will contact me from Roku about the problem

I have 3 Roku Express units and tonight all three stopped working.  It doesn’t show my wireless network so I can’t do anything to reset it.  I also have two Roku televisions and they are working fine and show my network.  TV says move Roku within range of the network, but funny I’m showing all the neighbor’s networks.  

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Express Not Connecting to Internet and no one will contact me from Roku about the problem

I am having same issue and this is only way I can watch TV upstairs through my roku. There is no 1 available for help so I am stuck with a device that just suddenly stopped working

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

This morning I grabbed my laptop to check prices of the Amazon Firestick and my laptop wasn’t connected to the wifi either. Strange because my TCL Roku tv and other devices in my home were all connected including my cell phone. But I went ahead and unplugged my router for a few minutes and when it came back on, all of my Roku express units were able to find my network.  Also my laptop.  Strange but check your router again.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I’m having the same exact issue, have you been able to fix it? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same exact problem! So it’s an update issue??!  My signal strength says excellent and it says it’s connected but then tells me to connect, like it’s not already. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Restarting my router fixed it although not every wifi gadget in my home was offline.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted

We are having the same exact issue but with our Roku tv that is less than 3 months old. Ive tried everything the website says or suggests and it just won’t connect. So frustrating, especially since they don’t have an actual number or tech support to call..they don’t reply to emails within the timeframe it seems. 

0 Kudos