Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cde611
Level 7

Roku Express Internet connectivity

Hello,

For the past two to three weeks my Roku Express will not hold the internet connection, i am in the middle of watching something and it just turns off and tells me I am not connected to the internet. I have to restart the system in order to get it to connect again. This happens every 10 to 15 mins. I have had my Roku for about 3 years now and never experienced this before. the software version is updated to 9.0.0. Is there something that can done to fix this error?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku Express Internet connectivity

Hi there! 

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about the issue you're running into! Please feel free to PM me with your Roku account email address, and the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About and I'll get you in touch with our support team for more assistance.

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
terry1961
Level 7

Re: Roku Express Internet connectivity

This is a few moths late. That said, have you recently changed your router or router setting? I have 2 roku express that would not hold a internet connection but the lan connection speed was always excellent. I was constantly changing the channels for 2.4 g band and changing the bit rate setting on the roku. Nothing I did seem to help, until I noticed that ipv4 and ipv6 was enabled on my router. I disabled ipv6 and then rebooted both rokus, now Im getting internet connection rate up to 33mbps. No problems, great connections since I disabled the ipv6 which was 48 hours or so ago. 
0 Kudos