Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrOctober77
Level 7

Roku Express+ Fios Disconnects

Had Fios installed yesterday, now watching anything on the Roku I get disconnected after a few minutes. Any streaming channel i try. At most I am getting 28 mbps speed with the Roku. Putting the Roku near the router I was only able to get 17. Have a PC connected to WiFi and it's get close to 200, the Xbox One is getting 300 download speed.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
speechles
Level 7

Re: Roku Express+ Fios Disconnects

The Roku express is like a hamster running on a wheel. The Roku ultra is like a cheetah running on the same wheel. The Roku express cannot push bits as fast as her bigger sisters. She is like the basic plain jane version and her bigger sisters always get picked for dates first. Is it any wonder why Roku express is always sitting at home alone on a Saturday night? No it isn't. She isn't appealing. She doesn't put out. She makes it hard to want to watch movies with her let alone ask her for dinner and the fun times afterwards. Roku express is not a fun date.
0 Kudos
ronfelder
Level 7

Re: Roku Express+ Fios Disconnects

"speechles" wrote:
The Roku express is like a hamster running on a wheel. The Roku ultra is like a cheetah running on the same wheel. The Roku express cannot push bits as fast as her bigger sisters. She is like the basic plain jane version and her bigger sisters always get picked for dates first. Is it any wonder why Roku express is always sitting at home alone on a Saturday night? No it isn't. She isn't appealing. She doesn't put out. She makes it hard to want to watch movies with her let alone ask her for dinner and the fun times afterwards. Roku express is not a fun date.

True but good enough for the bedroom tv. With Plex I know I've had to reduce the max speed allowed compared to my main roku which is an ultra.
Roku 2xs (3100x), Roku Express (3900x) ,Roku Ultra (4660RW) .FIOS Quantum modem router, Verizon FIOS 100/100, LG HDTV 42LH90, Pioneer VSX-920 Audio/Video Multi Channel Receiver
0 Kudos