Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bill85
Level 7

Roku Express Finds Wireless but not Network

Jump to solution

I have a 3900x Roku Express that has stopped working. It does indicate that wireless is available but does not connect to the network. The network is working on other devices (laptops, tablets and desktops) and I have done a reset. The software appears to be up to date. We did increase our internet speed a few days ago, although the Roku did work for a couple of days after the speed increase.

I have done all the recommended troubleshooting steps to no avail.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express Finds Wireless but not Network

Jump to solution

This may be a repeat, or variation of, steps you've already tried but ...

I've found that when I've encountered wifi problems with my Rokus I've normally been able to solve them by restarting the router. After the router comes back up, restart the Roku (Settings > System > System restart) to start with a clean slate and try to reconnect.

This makes no sense to me and I don't understand why it would work, especially since other wifi devices in the house connect without issue, but it has worked for me on several occasions.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
makaiguy

Jump to solution

This may be a repeat, or variation of, steps you've already tried but ...

I've found that when I've encountered wifi problems with my Rokus I've normally been able to solve them by restarting the router. After the router comes back up, restart the Roku (Settings > System > System restart) to start with a clean slate and try to reconnect.

This makes no sense to me and I don't understand why it would work, especially since other wifi devices in the house connect without issue, but it has worked for me on several occasions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Bill85
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for responding.

After my original post, I got things working by moving the router closer to the system. However, after a couple of hours, the audio stopped. We were still getting video.

I then tried your solution and now both the audio and video are working. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

Gladvit worked for you.  Be sure you put this in your bag of tricks, you'll likely need it again.

Thanks for reporting back.

0 Kudos