Can you please explain in detail what the issue is that you are experiencing?
I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?
- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum.
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect?
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected?
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?
If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with the answers to the above, along with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About and I'll be able to assist you further from there.
I keep getting the 014.40 code which Roku help says is for wrong password. My password is correct and my signal is excellent to the Roku. Every other device in my house works fine except for one Roku Express. I have tried restarting. I have reset my router. I have unplugged them both and reset them as well. I reentered my password just to double check. Nothing has fixed this problem. It is clearly a problem with the Roku. I cannot get actual “help” from Roku.
@Grafixx01 Thanks for taking the time to reach out and report the issue you're encountering.
If anyone is running into this issue, we may request that you send a private message with more information so we can gather additional details about the issue you're running into, and help escalate these over to our team for further investigation.
Please review the Roku Community Guidelines before continuing to post in the Community. Any content in violation of the Guidelines will be removed, and any further violations may result in loss of access. We are here to help, and work toward getting issues resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered, but rest assured the team is looking into the issue. We do not currently have an ETA to share, but each example helps us continue toward further resolution. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to send me a private message.
sorry if I went against whatever the policy is but if you can’t tell, you have a massive community that is irate due to an update that was done and in 2+ months, no solution or acknowledgment from Roku that it is their issue that they caused. People want their stuff fixed because most of us use just Roku/Chromecast/Firesticks to stream TV so it is frustrating having something and it not being able to be used. Not getting answers or solutions but the same one, over and over again gets people more aggravated, especially with no acknowledgment.
@Texashope Thanks for the note here. I have a few more questions to help better understand the issue you're running into:
- What specific model of Roku device do you own? (This is available in Settings>System>About, or printed on the device)
- What specific make and model of wireless router are you trying to connect to with your Roku device?
- What type of wireless network do you currently have configured for broadcast? (e.g. a 2.4GHz or 5GHz wireless network)
- What type of network security do you have enabled on your network?
- Does your wireless password have any capital letters, special characters, etc. in it? If so, have you tried changing the password to remove these and see if you still run into the same issue?
With more information, we can continue looking into this with you.