Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnMaring
Level 7

Roku Express Error code 14.40

My Roku Express was working fine.  I then left town for a month, and now I keep getting "Error code 14.40".  They say this error is about the password for the wireless network being incorrect, but it hasn't changed.  I have re-entered the password, but still get "Error code 14.40" most of the time.  All my other devices (Google Home, Alexa) work find with the wireless network, as the password hasn't changed.  Something must have changed on the Roku Express.  The only way I can connect is changing the wireless network to OPEN (no password).

HELP!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express Error code 14.40

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the issue you're running into. 

- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About and I'll get you in touch with our support team for more assistance.

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JohnMaring
Level 7

Thanks

- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
I haven't changed the channel.  It is set to AUTO.  If I simply change the Wifi network to OPEN (no password), then the Roku connects.  Once again the password hasn't changed, and my other devices in the same room are able to connect.

- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
The Rokus (yes I have two with the same problem) haven't moved.  Once is 10 feet from the router and has great signal strength.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your response!

Feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About and I'll get you in touch with our support team for more assistance.

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos