Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BKW80221
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express Error code 14.40

I am getting the same error message - my roku has never connected and I can not get help from anyone - please let me know how I can send you a PM  I am about to throw it away - I have never had this much trouble with any device- 

0 Kudos
c2p2
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express Error code - won't connect

I have found that when I want to connect to my Apple product hotspot, I have to go to the Roku and reset the network.  Not restart the device, but reset the network.  That erases all saved passwords for other hotspots, but it allows me to input my Apple product pw and connect just fine.

0 Kudos
BKW80221
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express Error code - won't connect

I have never used my internet  at any hotspots  I only have one password

0 Kudos
GeorgeH
Reel Rookie

I just bought my roku and it say error 014.40 I’m tethering from my cell phone . I have disconnected power from roku and restated several times also have restarted my cell phone and also changed the code on my hit spot several times I also have my own personal hotspot tower or booster from team mobile my speed is 14.3 mbps through app called speed test thank u 

0 Kudos
GeorgeH
Reel Rookie

Problem solved issue 

0 Kudos

Unable to connect to wireless network Centurylink 5548

0 Kudos
Aeddy
Reel Rookie

Need help trying to connect Roku Express to wifi.

Roku Express model 3930x

Dual band (2.4/5) router/modem 

Distance between router and Roku is about 3 ft

Everything was working fine last night. However, today I cannot connect to the wifi. I kept getting an error. After several resets to both Roku and router I did a factory reset. A new Roku, same model, was purchased. Now, I have 2 Roku Express that cannot connect to wifi. (Edit: Sometimes my Wifi network is not readily available. I have to do a scan before it appears as an option)

I have a 3rd Roku Express, same model, in a bedroom that is able to connect. Though, after a reconnect from trying out the other 2 Rokus, the wifi dropped and it took 2 attempts before successful wifi connection. This drop occurred after I did an update.

There is nothing I change on the router. There is no option to change wifi channels on the Rokus. It's literally, "Select Language" page then "Connect to Wifi" page.

Please help.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Aeddy, you change your Wi-Fi channel on your router.  If you have XFinity make sure the mode is set to B/G/N, not just G/N.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Aeddy
Reel Rookie

There is nothing I can adjust on the router. The only button is the WPS. Everything else is just plug-in for tel, ethernet, cable, usb and power.

I'll try adjusting it via Xfinity's Wifi settings. Thank you.

Update:

I was able to edit the Wifi settings on via my Xfinity account. I only adjusted b/g/n and kept the channels to the recommended "Auto". Thank you.

0 Kudos
jean5
Reel Rookie

I called a ruku support team for help with error code 14.40 wireless internet issues.

the ruku support team explain to me in oder to solve my problem I need to pay one time fee $69 to fix the problem. immediately I disagree because I didn't know if the company has changed the policy by charging

annual fee of $69.  

right now I am still looking to speak to the right person to solve my problem.

0 Kudos