Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beaston
Level 8

Re: Roku Express Drops WiFi, Freezes, Restarts...

Just happened again in the middle of a movie on Shudder. But yet this time, it apparently logged me out of my shudder account and conveniently "forgot" my username and password as if I had uninstalled it and reinstalled.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@beaston 

Thanks for the post.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Brivett
Level 7

I have the same issue. Just hooked up to my TV Saturday.  Will not connect to my 5G network wifi

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

You just hooked up an Express to your TV or do you have an actual RokuTV?  No Express model supports 5GHz. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos